-
April 5th, 2005, 10:25 PM
#2451
HB Forum Owner
No text? It was much easier to do than music or movies @_@...
Let's see, this is the situation: I spend 1 hour a day on trains to go to and from work. I need to use this hour to have fun, otherwise I'm wasting it. So I can:
- Read mangas
- Play games
- Read text
I'm running out of mangas and I'm waiting for Negima. I don't want to watch movies unless they can be regular DVD movies, and even so, that requires too much concentration and I don't feel like it. And I could ogle at some directories of my hentai collection but I can't jerk off in the train so it's not that interesting. So besides games, I'm left with reading text. I have books I can read, but most things I want to read are in my computer. I prefer text on screens - fast search, never gets lost, environment friendly, takes no space.
There are documents, manuals, fanfics, posts, and other things I would want to read.
So I'm really interested on any way I can use these to read text files. I don't care for those stupid gay "eBook" formats - all I need is plain text (or any other format, anything at all). It would be a major plus if any of the two would offer this feature. If none will, then they'll have to rival with PDAs for my final decision.
-
April 5th, 2005, 10:31 PM
#2452
Senior Hostboard Member
Im sure it wouldnt be hard it implement on a downloadable upgrade. As for me, i could just as well manage with a book if i want to read something (i have so many waiting to be read/re-read. However, im more than likely to be using the games function, or the music function on the train to Uni. Also, if i want to watch a movie, i'll watch it on the big screen in the luxury of my home.
-
April 6th, 2005, 11:11 PM
#2453
Inactive Member
You can download your own movies to the memory stick, and thanks to the smaller resolution, you can lower their size to make space [img]tongue.gif[/img] So... yeah.
-
April 6th, 2005, 11:15 PM
#2454
Senior Hostboard Member
Did i mention i envy you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children is coming out very soon for it, and they've put up a website for its american release. Its coming to PSP first, which while i feel is a little anticlimatic (small screen...), it does still leave me wanting one. I dont want to spend my days avoiding spoilers for it until it comes to DVD, is all.
Anyway, asides from that movie (and Dirge of Cerberus) if you ever need reminding of where Square Enix are now going with their titles, look no further. It sickens my soul.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 06, 2005 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 6th, 2005, 11:55 PM
#2455
HB Forum Owner
Since the release date was April 2005, I thought it was an April fools joke. Then I Googled and found screenshots. I loled.
-
April 7th, 2005, 12:32 AM
#2456
Senior Hostboard Member
I was hoping so to but...alas...
Its this exact kind of thing that is directly associate with selling out. Im really disappointed that they arent focusing their resources on something else, like a new Chrono game, or even Final Fantasy XIII. Its decent as one of many mini-games from an 8 year old game, but remaking it for mobiles and charging money for it is ridiculous.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 06, 2005 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 7th, 2005, 01:42 PM
#2457
Inactive Member
lol.
And this is why Square's current existence sucks.
-
April 7th, 2005, 05:01 PM
#2458
Inactive Member
currently im playing a nes translation called sugoros qust. developed by technos. and this is kinda wewird cuz im pretty sick of jrpgs right now, but it's basically a board game rpg. start off at some castle, you can buy equipment for your charaters and save there. then you select begin quest and pcik a character you want, between the fighter, dwarf, elf, and half elf. then you pick an area(5 to begin with, dunno if thats it for the game or if maybe you get more as you beat those 5) and you start at the starting place of what looks like a board game board. you select to roll a die from the menu and you move however many places. wherever you land depends on whether you go into battle, get healed, talk to people, or whatever. battles are also decided a dice roll. whoever has the higher number subtracts the lower number from it and does that type of damage. ie, if you get a 4 and they get a 1, you attack at 3x damage. you go til you're beaten or you beat the boss and make it to the end of the board. being beaten is not gameover. if you have an exlixir on you, you can continue from there, if not the king of the castle you start in revives you, but like dragon warrior/quest you're money is cut in half. thats about it, i got a level 8 fighter that just barely got by the 2nd boards boss.
-
April 8th, 2005, 03:34 AM
#2459
Senior Hostboard Member
They aint no Squaresoft is all. The reason Square Enix are such franchise whores is due to 2 things:
-Merger. Enix used the milking tactic before, but now they can apply it to the FF name. The merger was essentially a disguise for a takeover, keeping the Square name purely for better marketing.
-Sakaguchi leaving (as well as many others in his wake). He kept the company in place as president and ensured that each game in the FF series gave the gamer closure, so that there was no requirement for sequels. Also gave talents like Tetsuya Takahashi (Xenogears) and Akihiko Matsui (Chrono) big budgets to work on, seeing their potential as co-directors. Now he's gone, the company has no artistic direction, and dont want to use games as a medium to tell a story or as a form of expression.
For example, in wanting to express the sorrow he felt at the death of his mother (something he suffered during the development of FFVI), Sakaguchi wanted the player to feel a similar sorrow during FFVII, hence the inclusion of a now infamous death scene. Square Enix now spend their time making mobile games, spin-offs and shoddy MMORPG's, and while this may work out for them in the short-term, sooner or later people are just going to lose interest in the company. Any company can do these things.
Edit: When will it end!?
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 07, 2005 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 8th, 2005, 12:15 PM
#2460
HB Forum Owner
IRT Cata: LMAO, loli Yuna? The first few pics are rather cool/cute though, as cool as it can get when you're pissing on a good game. I wouldn't have done that, but I think I prefer chibi Yuna to Final Fantasy snowboarding. The next screens suck though.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks